- objective: to bridge the gap between theoretical approaches to foreign language teaching and the needs of students, teacher trainees, TEFL lecturers, and those teaching at the classroom level
- reflections on major issues and current trends in language learning and teaching
- the balance of reflection and practice in each chapter
- the possibility of a flexible use of this book in inductive or deductive teaching approaches
- ready-to-use materials: thought-provoking cartoons, key concepts, recommended reading, study questions, and rewarding examples of classroom activities for beginners, intermediate, and advanced students.
- additional material provided online: e. g. PowerPoint-Presentations for teaching TEFL and pdf-files for learners
- other only resources: the complete bibliography, additional examples, and a German-English glossary compiled by C. Juchem-Grundmann
Time and date where YOU are
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/teachingenglish/
Learn more about Nancy Grimm’s impressive biography:
Dr. NANCY GRIMM is also active as an in-service teacher trainer and educational materials developer.
You will need neither a username, nor a password.
Select the option “Enter as a guest” and enter IMPERATIVELY your FULL !!! name into the box. (All attendees are “guests”).
If you hold down the control key, you can select several conferences and enroll in one go!!!
Find further free webinars (also for teachers of other foreign languages:
E4.505-0756: How to put a BYOD-concept [Bring Your Own Device] into practice
30. 05. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/owndevice
E4.121-0356: Sources of Free or Low-cost Professional Development on Demand
Dr. Peggy George / Host: Rita Zeinstejer
13. 06. 2016 | 19:00h -20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/livebinders/
E4.512-1356: The Padagogy Wheel in the Flipped Classroom
Allan Carrington / Host: Tobias Rodemerk
18. 07. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/carrington
E4.512- klmn: Quizlet - Engaging Vocabulary Learning Tool
Russell Stannard / Host: Tilly Harrison
01.09.2016 | 19:00h - 20:30 CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/quizlet/
E4.abc-abcd: Let’s study literature with IT!
Marie-Hélène Fasquel | host: Amélie Silvert
05. 09. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/studylit/
E4.512-0467: Creating videoclips for language learning: tips and tricks for teachers and students
Mélanie Auriel / Host: Joe Dale
03. 11. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/creatingclips/
E4.512-0667: Interactive Teaching in Languages with Technologies
Ton Koenraad / Shona Whyte
21. 11. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30h
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/itiltnew/
E4.512-hijk: English Through Drama
Susan Hillyard / Host: Thomas Strasser
05. 12. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/hillyard
E4.512-lmno: Exploring Free Online Polling Tools: Socrative, Kahoot and Quizziz
Tilly Harrison / host: Russell Stannard
08. 12. 2016 | 19:00h - 20:30 CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/pollingtools
E4.512-ijkl: Busuu and Wespeke as Tools for Blended Language Learning
Miguel Ángel Saonas Vallejos / Host: Tilly Harrison
16. 02. 2017 | 19:00h - 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/busuu
SPREAD THE WORD, TELL A COLLEAGUE, BRING A FRIEND !!!